Sunday, November 6, 2011

Making a Deck of Many Things in 15 minutes


Deck of Many Things - fast and easy


Here's a quick and easy way to make your own Deck of Many Things in about 15-20 minutes.  (First off, thanks to Jim from the Carjacked Seraphim blog for pointing me to the WOTC site for an old PDF from 2006 - you can find it here:  WOTC DOMT link.  About halfway down is something called Deck of Many Things download with a pdf of cards from the original deck).  I printed the PDFs in a minute, borrowed a glue stick from the kiddos, smeared glue all over a couple pieces of chipboard, and was cutting cards within a few minutes after it dried - started it about twenty minutes before gamers would be showing up and got done with plenty of time.

You can get 8 x 11 chipboard at a paper-supply store - I happened to have some around because I used to make creature counters back when we messed around with 3.x, before I owned any miniatures (I'd print Fiery Dragon creature counters on whole sheet label paper, stick the sheets to the chipboard, and cut it up - instant cardboard counters).

The cards worked fine and look pretty good for free and fast.  While I was forwarding the cards picture from the iPad, I saw I had one for this year's jack-o-lantern.  Enjoy!

House Beedo's 2011 Jack-O-Lantern

3 comments:

  1. There's even a random card draw programm thingie... the original is the bonus version, a little down from the variant 3.5 version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I'll have to look for that chipboard myself. I like the sticker page idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahahah! I'm so glad I'm not one of your players!

    ReplyDelete